When it comes to the dark art of clutching, it takes more than a horsepower range to properly tune a clutch that meets your UTV’s needs. With calibrations ranging from stock through all EVP Dynomite (DM) and Desert Storm (DS) turbo upgrades, EVP.MOde Spec TAPP clutches are the most fine-tuned, responsive and dependable Polaris RZR primary clutches available. EVP.MOde Spec TAPP Clutches are tuned to get the most out of your machine regardless of how or where you ride. Experience throttle response that pins your back to the seat, responsive power put down via excellent belt grip, and cooler clutch operating temps for enhanced belt and clutch life.
EVP.MOde Spec TAPP Primary Clutches for Polaris RZR models are calibrated to be used specifically with the EVP STM Tuner Secondary Clutch, or the OEM secondary clutch with EVP internals including Shift-Tek Helix and Spring.
If you don’t have an EVP turbo package or you're running a stock RZR, you can still enjoy all the benefits and performance of an EVP.MOde Spec TAPP primary clutch. TAPP clutches are renowned for being incredibly easy to tune. EVP techs will calibrate your clutch to a specific horsepower level and desired RPM engagement, leaving the final fine-tuning to you.
All EVP.MOde Spec TAPP primary clutch kits include full standard weight kit as well as tungsten TAPP Clutch Race Weights (set of 8).
- DURABLE PERFORMANCE: Designed with the durability that high-horsepower UTV's demand, TAPP clutches are built from billet aluminum and other high-tech materials that can withstand extreme heat and extend clutch life, so you can spend more time riding and less time in the shop. EVP has used TAPP clutches on our all-out drag race Can Am X3 and Polaris XPT vehicles with very high engagement launches without failure. The OEM primary clutch is reliable up to about 300 hp, but an EVP Spec TAPP primary can easily handle anything from 200-500+ hp and all terrain and riding styles - drag race, duning, trail riding, rock crawling, short course and desert racing - all with the unrivaled quality, durability and performance expected out of a TAPP Clutch.
- ADJUSTABLE & VERSATILE: TAPP clutches are a game-changer when it comes to tuning and adjustability, allowing your clutch to easily evolve as your UTV's power level evolves. The two-sided ramps are swapped in minutes with just an Allen wrench. The clickers are adjusted externally, which can raise or lower the entire shift pattern easily. The roller arms allow mass to be added or removed by removing the clutch cover, and there are a variety of TAPP and EVP primary springs available for fine-tuning. Lastly, the TAPP clutch is also extremely forgiving, allowing a wide variety of helix angles to work with a given primary clutch calibration.
- COOLER TEMPS: TAPP primary clutches run cooler than any clutch on the market. High-tech materials, extensive venting for optimum airflow, and cooler belt temperatures thanks to the multi-angle curved sheaves all contribute to extending belt and overall clutch life—even under the most demanding abuse.
- INSTANT THROTTLE RESPONSE: TAPP primary clutches are intended for customers that demand responsiveness and durability from their CVT drive system whether their UTV is relatively stock or all-out big turbo drag race trim. The centralized mass and lightweight, low-inertia design coupled with multi-angled curved sheaves and custom ramp angles deliver unbeatable belt grip, instantaneous throttle response and surefire power to the ground.
- SMOOTH, QUIET OPERATION: The arms don’t “swing out” like a traditional flyweight but instead ride on a ramp system, which allows the clutch to be remarkably smooth and perform with minimal vibration. You will feel and hear the difference.
Disclaimer: All EVP Calibrated Tapp Clutch primaries may require minor calibration changes. If you need tuning support, please reference our instructions page or contact our technical department.
Unsure which clutch calibration is right for you? Give us a call! EVP Team members are available from 8:30am to 5:00pm CST and can help dial in the perfect clutch for your setup: (715) 247-3862
NOTES FOR RZR'S WITH P90X CLUTCH (2020-'22 Pro XP, 2021 (only) XP Turbo/S, & 2022-'23 Turbo R):
- To remove the OEM P90X primary clutch, you must use the EVP Clutch Puller For Polaris RZR Turbo R, Pro XP and '21 XP Turbo/S (P/N 875FP0010).
- To remove the TAPP primary clutch off of any cars listed above, you must use the RZR XP Turbo/S Clutch Puller Tool (P/N 875FP0004).