Make your RZR Pro R reach its full potential with the smoothest, quietest, and most responsive primary clutch available. After amazing results running TAPP primaries on all EVP Sand Outlaws Series race cars this season, we’re stoked to now offer this bulletproof setup for the powerful Polaris RZR Pro R platform. With calibrations available for the EVP Stage 1-3 ECU tuning package as well as stock-tuned Pro R’s—coupled with the insanely convenient adjustability of a TAPP primary clutch—this is the ultimate bolt-on-and-ride upgrade to get the most out of any power level.
EVP Spec TAPP Primary Clutches are calibrated for use with the stock secondary clutch, reusing the OEM primary clutch bolt with the included TAPP spacer for installation. EVP calibrated TAPP clutches are the most fine-tuned, responsive and dependable Polaris Pro R primary clutches available. Experience throttle response that pins your back to the seat, responsive power put down via excellent belt grip, plus cooler clutch operating temps for enhanced belt and clutch life.
- DURABLE PERFORMANCE: Designed with the durability that high-horsepower UTV's demand, TAPP clutches are built from billet aluminum and other high-tech materials that can withstand extreme heat and extend clutch life, so you can spend more time riding and less time in the shop. EVP has used TAPP clutches on our all-out drag race Can Am X3 and Polaris XPT vehicles with very high engagement launches without failure. The OEM primary clutch is reliable up to about 300 hp, but an EVP Spec TAPP primary can easily handle anything from 200-500+ hp and all terrain and riding styles - drag race, duning, trail riding, rock crawling, short course and desert racing - all with the unrivaled quality, durability and performance expected out of a TAPP Clutch.
- ADJUSTABLE & VERSATILE: TAPP clutches are a game-changer when it comes to tuning and adjustability, allowing your clutch to easily evolve as your UTV's power level evolves. The two-sided ramps are swapped in minutes with just an Allen wrench. The clickers are adjusted externally, which can raise or lower the entire shift pattern easily. The roller arms allow mass to be added or removed by removing the clutch cover, and there are a variety of TAPP and EVP primary springs available for fine-tuning. Lastly, the TAPP clutch is also extremely forgiving, allowing a wide variety of helix angles to work with a given primary clutch calibration.
- COOLER TEMPS: TAPP primary clutches run cooler than any clutch on the market. High-tech materials, extensive venting for optimum airflow, and cooler belt temperatures thanks to the multi-angle curved sheaves all contribute to extending belt and overall clutch life—even under the most demanding abuse.
- INSTANT THROTTLE RESPONSE: TAPP primary clutches are intended for customers that demand responsiveness and durability from their CVT drive system whether their UTV is relatively stock or all-out big turbo drag race trim. The centralized mass and lightweight, low-inertia design coupled with multi-angled curved sheaves and custom ramp angles deliver unbeatable belt grip, instantaneous throttle response and surefire power to the ground.
- SMOOTH, QUIET OPERATION: The arms don’t “swing out” like a traditional flyweight but instead ride on a ramp system, which allows the clutch to be remarkably smooth and perform with minimal vibration. You will feel and hear the difference.
Running a non-EVP tune and still want to enjoy all the benefits and performance of an EVP Spec TAPP primary clutch? No problem! TAPP clutches are renowned for being incredibly easy to tune and adjust. RPM engagement can be increased simply by flipping the ramps from side A to side B. Flipping two ramps to side B will increase engagement by 600-800 RPM, flipping all four ramps to side B can increase engagement even higher. Additionally, the adjustable clicker bolts can raise or lower engagement by 50-RPM increments for further fine-tuning.
Disclaimer: All EVP Calibrated Tapp Clutch primaries may require minor calibration changes. If you need tuning support, please reference our instructions page or contact our technical department.
All EVP TAPP primary clutch kits include full standard weight kit as well as tungsten TAPP Clutch Race Weights (set of 8).
CLUTCH CALIBRATION GUIDE
There are 4 main adjustable components in an EVP Spec TAPP Clutch, these are:
Ramp Profile - Your TAPP clutch comes with a set of pre-chosen ramps that have been tested in many scenarios and have been deemed to be the most generic in most situations. Changing the angle or profile of the ramp will have many effects on the shift profile. This should only be done by an experienced tuner; you will likely not need to change this.
Ramp Angle - The ramp angle in your TAPP Clutch is adjustable from the outside via the use of the Quick Shift Bolts. As with other clicker style clutches, the higher the number, the higher the RPM. This will mainly affect the full shift speed but also affects the engagement and low speed slightly. IMPORTANT - Always adjust the ramp angle in pairs across from each other. If you do not, the clutch will be out of balance.
Roller Size - Your clutch was shipped with a predetermined roller size for your application. There are 3 sizes of rollers available: standard, 1mm oversize, and 2mm oversize. Bigger rollers make the low end "quicker RPM's" but shift out quicker and lower the full shift RPM. Smaller rollers make the engine slower shift and raise the full shift RPM. This has to do with the angle of the arms combined with the weight difference of the rollers. IMPORTANT - As with the ramp angle, roller size must be done in pairs across from each other. Failure to do so will result in an imbalance of the clutch and possibly failure.
Weight Adjustment - The weight in the arms can be adjusted in two ways: set screws in the arms, and washers on the roller thru bolt. As with all other clutches, add weight to lower RPM, remove weight to raise RPM. Set screws in the arms affect the low-speed shift points more than the high speed and will reduce the max RPM, and weight on the roller bolt acts like tip weight in a conventional clutch affecting the high speed more than any other part of the curve. Adjust this as needed for your application. IMPORTANT - As with all other adjustments, do this evenly and only in pairs across from each other, failure to do so will result in an imbalance of the clutch and possible failure.
2022+ Polaris RZR Pro R Models
POLARIS RZR PRO R TAPP PRIMARY CLUTCH KIT by EVP